Sunday 27 January 2013

Madagascan Vanilla Paste Cupcake - Recipe

For the longest time I had issues with doing nice, well risen cupcakes. They often turned very low and flat. I told Helene about the issue and she asked which tin I use for them. I used one that I bought ages ago and it turned out to be a bun tin :)
 
I went to buy a cupcake tin and decided to make vanilla cupcakes. I was especially excited as I had recently bought Madagascan Vanilla Paste from Vanilla Mart. I usually use vanilla sugar, bought from Sweden, but Helene gave me the tip to use vanilla paste instead. I have tried a few of the cupcakes she used the vanilla past in, and they were absolutely delicious. The recipe I used for these cupcakes are Mary Berry's perfect Victoria sandwich. But halved the recipe as I used her recipe to bake cupcakes and not the actual cake.


Ingredients: 
115 g self raising flour
115 g butter
115 g sugar
1 tsp baking powder
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla paste (from Vanilla Mart)



Method:
1- Start by preheat the oven on 180 C degrees.
2- Beat the butter and suger in a bowl until creamy. Then add one egg at a time and mix for 10 seconds each. Add the vanilla paste and mix well.


3- Sift the flour and baking powder and fold it gently into the wet mix. 


4- Spoon the mixture into paper cases until half full in a cupcake tin. 


5- Bake them in the oven for 22 minutes until golden brown. You can now let them cool on a wire rack and then add a frosting of your choice, but we just ate them together with a nice cup of tea and it was such a difference from any vanilla cupcake I have had before. The vanilla taste was so delicious.




Enjoy!

No comments: