Monday 2 November 2015

Egg-free battered fish and baked potato - recipe

Now that my mum keeps saying do not eat to much red meat, we are eating more fish in this household. Which is good, as it is healthy. But sometimes I like to make the fish in an unhealthy way and deep fry it. It make is crunchy on top but soft inside and simply delicious. Specially if it is battered. I wanted to do my own batter, but unfortunately did not have any eggs so had to come up with a quickly and egg free recipe instead. It turned out good although I  was not so sure as it was egg free. That teaches me that I should improvise a lot more in the kitchen.

Ingredients:
white fish fillets
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
fish seasoning
salt and pepper
vegetable oil

baked potato
frozen vegetable to boil
butter

Method:
1. Mix flour, baking powder, fish seasoning and salt and pepper in a flat bowl. Add little oil and both sides of the fish and dip it in the dry batter. Alternatively you can add 1 cup water to the batter to make it runny and you can dip the fish in it. Fry in a shallow frying pan on medium high temperature.

2. Bake the potatoes in the oven for ca 1 hour. Poke the potatoes first before putting it in.

3. Boil frozen vegetables of your choice. Once everything is done. Serve it in a plate with a click of butter on the baked potato. I also sprinkle a bread dipping mix seasoning over the baked potato as it gives it more taste. But that is optional.
Enjoy!

No comments: