Wednesday 3 May 2017

Bulgur pilaf with chickpeas and chicken - recipe

I would like to experiment little with bulgur and add more taste to it when I use it in my cooking. Today I decided to make a bulgur pilaf with chicken and chickpeas, as that was what I had at hand. It turned really good and fluffy. I think I will make this my picnic dish when we go out with the whole family. It can be served with alot really: a salad, pieces of meat, fish or just a bowl of yoghurt seasoned with mint and g,arlic. The choices are endless.



Ingredients:
1 cups bulgur with vermicelli
1 tbsp tomato puree
3-4tbsp oil
400g can of chickpeas
1 tsp cumin, garam masala, paprika powder
0,5 tsp ground ginger, garlic

Fried chicken:
4-5 chicken tenders cut to bite size
3-4 tbsp oil to fry in
1 tsp curry, paprika, cumin, parsley, ginger and garlic

Method:
1. Begin with cutting the chicken tenders in bite size pieces and marrinate in all the spices. Let sit for ten min. Then fry in an non-stick pan with few tbsp of oil on high heat. Turn ocassionaly and set aside once golden brown.

2. On a pot add few tbsp oil and the bulgur with vermicelli on medium heat. Add all the spices and the pure as well. Add the drained chickpeas. Salt and pepper to taste. Then add 2,5 cup of boiled water and let it come to a boil on high heat. Then turn the heat to the lowest setting and let it simmer for 20-30 min until the bulgur is soft and fluffy.

3. In a big serving dish, mix the bulgur pilaf with the chicken pieces. Serve with a nice tangy salad and maybe minty yoghurt.


Enjoy!

No comments: